Studies based on historic records enable forecasters to understand what weather patterns produce tornados, flash storms and hurricanes so weather predictions will become more accurate.
Why Rescue Old Data?
The data rescued by the International Environmental Data Rescue Organization (IEDRO) enables the meteorological and scientific communities to provide more accurate severe weather forecasting and to understand climate change. This knowledge offers the world community a greater ability to more accurately predict long-range weather patterns, and thus it enables meteorological professionals to:
- Better understand the nature and extent of global warming and climate change, as well as the rate at which our climate is changing.
- Prevent the spread of airborne and insect-borne disease.
- Provide more accurate flood forecasts to save lives.
- Prevent famine and starvation.
- Construct and reinforce buildings, bridges, and public services to withstand predicted severe weather.
- Gain a clearer understanding of human history.